Thursday, March 29, 2012

Slow Start ~ It's Tough Waiting for Someone to review your book proof and worrying about Alan.

I haven't been posting much because I've been waiting for my proof of "It's All a Matter of Choice" to be reviewed.  It's infuriating but it can't be rushed.  It's going on two weeks now.  Sigh.  In the interim I've been doing freelance work, scraping together what customers I can.  I've also been visiting my friend in the hoosegow and keeping him in cigarettes and change for the vending machine.  Not easy to do when you live hand to mouth, but he doesn't have anyone else, you know?

I'm also a little concerned about him, because he's been given trustee work, which means he gets to leave the block and work around the building, and the other inmates are jealous of him and trying to start trouble with him.  If you get in trouble, you can't be a trustee.  Plus, he's one of the few white guys in there and the problems are along color lines, you know?

I'm enjoying the peace and quiet, but now I really want him to come home. Sigh.

4 comments:

  1. You are a good friend. Did Cowboy get out of jail yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he did a few months ago. He was let out early in January, but he and Diane were recently evicted because they got behind when he was gone, and she'd just bought a new car (which I think was dumb because of the high note) so . . . they had to move. Luckily, he has a trailer so I imagine they moved there. I didn't get a chance to talk to him much because of his jealous little girlfriend, but he's still on speed dial. I'll miss seeing him around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you'll run into him some night at Karaoke. Bet he'll have LOTS of stories to share with you.

    ReplyDelete