Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ok, now I have an Author's Blog

Well, making this was fun.  Not. lol.  This is my first blog entry and even though I'm a writer I have no idea what to say except thank you for visiting here.  More than likely this blog won't be filled with authorly (yes, I make up words) content.  Probably just the mundane workings of my life.  And my life is very mundane.  Firstly, I'm a homebody, practically a hermit, although I will go up to the local bar (conveniently located half a block away) and have a Jeigerbomb or three on occasion.  I live with Alan, my friend and nemesis.  We met about two years ago, and he was down on his luck . . . homeless and living in a toolshed on someone's property.  But, he would make his money washing windows.  He was skinny as a skeleton, so I brought him home to give him something to eat.  And . . . well he stuck around.  It's an odd relationship though, we aren't romantically involved, sleep in separate rooms.  He takes care of the household, and does his window cleaning and I take care of the bills.  They're just the same as they were before he stayed here, so that's not a problem.  Plus having a man around who cooks and cleans doesn't hurt.  I suffer from severe depression and it once affected me so negatively that I had to be hospitalized for it. (What is it with writers and depression anyway?)  I'm much better now, however, and earn extra money through researching and graphic design.  I'm earning a little money with my novel and serial novel and hope to earn a bit more.  I am reluctantly sharing my apartment with two annoying orange tabby cats, Good Yang and Bad Yang.  They love trying to trip me, hopping out my bedroom window (through the screen) and rubbing cat fur all over my ankles.  I say reluctantly because I'm not wild about cats, but the manager of the apartment complex asked Alan to look after them, and he loves them and so, I'm stuck with the little stinkers.  I also spoil them a little but I suspect they are using their catterly (another made up word) wiles on me, hypnotizing me with their cat eyes and methodical meowing.  I appreciate you stopping by and hope you'll come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment