Thursday, February 23, 2012

Getting ready for my night of Bill Maher

You know how poeple like football, baseball, soccer and hockey?  My sport is American Politics.  I know the teams, the main players, the good guys the bad guys, when there are saves, fumbles and touchdowns.  I can generally predict the plays and defense, and most definitely the fouls.  There are lots of fouls in our political system, as well as Junk Talking.  I have my favorite sports commentators, better known as "Political Pundits."  My all time fav is Rachel Maddow, the there's Chris Matthews and Chris O'Donnel, but I have to admit my fav commentors on politics are two politically savvy comedians,  Bill Maher and Jon Stewart.  I like Bill because he's a sarastic bastard, and is serious even when he's being funny.  I like Jon because he's just plain funny, yet his commentary is usually on point.  What I like the most is how real pundits, especially those who aren't liberal always try to hold their feet to the fire, especially Jon Stewart who is always amazed that they don't understand he has a comedy show.

Anyway, Bill Maher's new standup comedy show "Crazy Stupid Politics" is being broadcast live online for the first time tonight on yahoo.  Here's the link to the free livestream:

http://screen.yahoo.com/bill-maher-live-28319073.html

It starts at 10:30 EST

I have the vodka in the freezer chilling, Canada Dry Ginger Ale in the fridge, chilling, and plenty of smokes, not to mention wheat snack crackers and cheese.  Perfect setup for an hour of laughter.  I can't wait to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment