Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Burning the Late Night Oil Doing Book Marketing

Good morning y'all.  Good thing I don't make a living at blogging because I'd be broke. XD  Actually, I only write when I have something to say.  The purpose of this blog is two-fold.  I want to promote my book, but I also want to share what it takes to independently publish a book for sale.  So, I really want this blog to be helpful.

Anyway, after paying my bills this morning, I finally got around to updating my website to include "It's All a Matter of Choice" and two more volumes of "At Shimmer's End."  I also paid $25 for extended distribution of my print version of Choice.  It will now be available on major bookstore websites, can be ordered in bulk for book sales and libraries as well.  For only $25 it's a good investment, and my book Sahara is available at Barnes & Noble and other places online.  So that's great.  I self-published my books through CreateSpace and if you have the drive and the creativity, you can do it yourself for absolutely free.

My biggest accomplishment of the morning was finally writing a press release to send out.  It will go to newspapers, radio stations and libraries.  The purpose is to get the word out there, and maybe line up a couple of interviews or book signings.  I went heavy on the local author and the Gulf Coast being the perfect setting for a paranormal story.  I hope it brings results and is announced or printed up.  Now, I have to research and find the fax number and person I need to send the release to.  So, I have a hobby for the rest of the morning.  Will keep y'all posted.  Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment